Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Extraction

The Dominicus Hospital was more 200 years old, and although remodeled multiple times i am sure, carried a very old feel. The center operates on three floors that they have remodeled in their orange colors and Ikea furniture. The Imacs adoring every desk gave a warm feeling in my gut being that i have the same one.

The waiting room already had patients waiting and continued to fill up through out the course of the day. Sadness and peoples' tragedies were apparent and painful to see. The screaming autistic child, the wheelchair bound young girl, the woman struggling with a wheeled walker, were all reminders that they too were suffering, perhapse more than some.

The procedure itself was extremely painful although multiple people had said that it would be a minor discomfort. The needle, being jabbed in from time to time hurt so bad that I broke out into a sweat from head to toe. Trying to take it, I did make a yelling sound from time to time due to the pain. I was informed that pain meant that bone marrow was flowing but somehow at the time the pain overwhelmed me to realize the value. Clenchint to my scrubs and breathing heavily into my facemask I made it through, whiping my dripping palms on my pants which I now had pulled up and buttoned.

The pain remained but very lightly, disappearing completely in the span of few hours. Half way done.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At August 25, 2009 12:56 PM , Blogger Karin said...

I get a good visual sense of what it must look like and how it appeared. But I have also cheated in a way b/c I have seen their website. But still a very good visual picture from your words.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home