Thursday, August 27, 2009

15,555,000

The hospital on the Rheine that treats 10 Americans a week has completed its treatment of me. The lumber puncture or commonly known as spinal tap was performed faily painlessly and the 15,555,000 viable stem cells were injected within a few minutes. While the clinic aims and hopes for 5 million , my sample had drastically more and the viability was quite high. The three hours spent were not nearly as long and torturous as the last LP i had in Florida.

The humiliation of laying there bareassed was spared for me here, as instead of playing those games they just lifted my shirt and punctured my spine. It was all they needed to complete the task.

Although some people had terrible pain after, I felt fine. Later in the evening my tailbone and thighs began to ache badly, but the ibuprofein they gave seemed to help greatly.

So that is the end of my story in Dusseldorf. Some after thoughts include the sadness of seeing people in pain first of all, and people from the US. The self proclaimed "best country in the world", being unable to do a simple tasks that they do here daily.

1 Comments:

At August 27, 2009 6:54 PM , Blogger Karin said...

Sounds like quite the worthwhile and interesting experience. Makes you think closer at what goes on with other people in and from many other places in the world. You welcome the experience even if a not so good reason got you there to begin with.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home